Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Het spijt me, ik spreek geen Vlaams!

"I'm sorry, I dont speak Flemish" - for all you non-flemish speakers out there...

Despite my good intentions earlier in the year, I have to confess my language learning capabilities have been somewhat stretched. So I am a little more clued up than when I arrived, and my “learn to speak Dutch in 3 months” book has provided invaluable help, if a little under-used and over-optimistic (perhaps 3 years is more feasible?), but to suggest I have 'learnt' Dutch would be wildly inaccurate! I've picked up the words often thrown around the house, and can understand spoken Dutch with a small degree of success, but speaking the lingo. No chance.

On the bright side, everyone's English has somewhat improved...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Search This Blog