Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Wheels from Fuerte Bici


With my Zipp 404’s breaking every time I put them in the bike (2 rims cracked, 2 spokes, faulty hub and a complete rebuild later – of course all my fault according to Zipp) I decided it was time for a set of wheels that I can actually use. Admiring their toughness at the winter cyclo-cross circuit, I was fortunate enough to gain some sponsorship from Ben Nicholson at Fuete Bici, and opted for a pair of 38mm tubular carbons. I’ve been using these on the rough Belgian roads for a few weeks now and cannot fault them. As well as being super light (at just 1251g for the pair!), they are also stupidly strong (having withstood a bunny hop/rear wheel/curb/blowout incident), the likes of which would have undoubtedly caused the Zipp fibres to have parted company. Again.
So what I’m saying is, if you want a wheel that’s light, strong and looks the buisness then I absolutely recommend these. At £425 for 38’s they are the best value for money wheels going, making my Zipps (retailing at over 4 times that price!) completely redundant.

Link: http://www.fuertebici.com/

On a side note, if anyone does want a pair of wheels they can spend more time fixing than riding, my effectively brand new 404's are begging to be sold...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Search This Blog