Wednesday, April 06, 2011

OptimumNutrition?

When a small* Irishman told me eating Weetabix with my skimmed milk in the morning was bad, and that his diet consisted of over 50% fat, I feared the sport nutritionist we were meant to be seeing had cancelled and a bald* Gillian Mckeith had stepped in as a last minute replacement.

How wrong I was.

After an eye-opening seminar from Barry Murray of OptimumNutrition4Sport, I am now working with him to get the most from my diet. Barry provides leading-edge, expert sport nutrition and has revolutionised the way I see food and its potential for performance gains. I couldn’t possibly do Barry justice in explaining his approach to nutrition but the staple pasta and low fat diet has gone, replaced by good fats and low GI carbs. Controversial? Perhaps, but a visit to Barry’s website, and facebook page may just open your eyes too.

“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.”  La Rochefoucauld


*Barry assures me he is "5'9' and 'light' on top"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Search This Blog