Saturday, March 27, 2010

Was that... Sven Nys?!?

It is not every day you can be riding along when a former world champion passes you coming the opposite way. As Linzi (my new Belgian sister) and I rode today for a pre-race loosen up, prior to us both racing tomorrow, we saw none other than Sven Nys!

To anyone who doesn’t realise, Sven Nys fills the gaping void between God (at the lower end) and Tom Boonen in this country in worshipping terms, and to share the road with a man of such calibre seemed almost surreal. Well it did to me anyway – Linzi appeared somewhat less excitable. I guess to ride with such legends of the sport is common practice over here, but it certainly woke me up to the reality of cycle racing in Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Search This Blog