Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Kester - all 4 kilometres of it...

With just an hour of racing in my legs at Hoxem, I decided to race the following day in Kester. Despite the wet and slippery conditions the race went out hard, as the 7.25km course predominantly featured undulating, tight, twisting lanes – and it was these lanes after just 4km which ended my race. Despite good positioning in the top 10 wheels, the rider in front of me came down on a corner leaving his bike in my direct line. Fortunately the relatively low speed meant I stayed upright, but my front tyre fared a substantially worse fate, taking the hit with a 53 tooth chainring. As with all kermesse racing there is no mechanical back up and for the second time in 2 days a puncture has prematurely ended my race. Of course 'tomorrow is a new day' and I head to Bierbeek for another local race. Third time lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Search This Blog