Sunday, September 05, 2010

Glabeek-Kapellen

Last Sunday, I made the short trip to Glabeek, just 10km away, for another kermis race, hopefully a littler more recovered than my latest racing endeavours. Keen to move away early from the 82 strong field, I went 'cyclo-cross style' – clipped in and attacked from the gun (albeit with more success than my average cyclocross start), taking one like – but perhaps not so great - minded rider with me. On the wet, undulating and windy circuit, we were soon reeled back in after half a lap or so, and I settled down at the front of the peloton. Moving into a couple more attacks, nothing seemed to be sticking and I soon found suffering from the 'kamikaze' approach. Sitting back in the wheels and singled out with the high pace of the peloton (44kph), there was little I could do as groups of riders clipped off the front.


Putting in a few digs later on, I moved off the front of the peloton, before being swept up within the final lap, ending second in the sprint for the line, in 23rd place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Search This Blog