Monday, April 18, 2011

Not going to plan.

It’s only a short blog this, but there’s very little to write about...


I knew it was never going to be easy coming to Belgium in April with no racing under my belt, but after all my hard work during the winter I’d hoped for more than this. Hoeilaart went ok last weekend, 21st of 198 starters with only 60 finishing but sitting in and having a dig for the final few laps to finish outside the top 20 isn’t exactly my style – but it’s all I can do for now, and even that was an impossibility after an embarrassing 45minute stint in Heers yesterday before the rear of the peloton disappeared up the road.

To top things off, in 2 races I’ve managed to crack another Zipp rim – these seem to break just by putting them into the bike: I’ve had the rear rebuilt after spokes randomly snapped, front and rear rim cracked and rear hub rebuilt, has anyone else had problems with the 404 tubular?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Search This Blog